DUI Lawyer in South Bay Beaches & Beyond
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs in Redondo Beach, California, you need to act quickly to protect your rights and driving privileges. DUI criminal charges often result in significant fines, loss of your driving license, and even jail time. Without a DUI lawyer serving Redondo Beach, you might even lose your driving license before you’ve even been facing criminal charges.
A DUI’s ability to disrupt your life cannot be overstated. In California, a first-time DUI offense can result in up to six months in jail followed by five years of probation, fines of up to $1,000, and a six-month suspension of your driving license.
Convicted DUI offenders may be required to install an ignition interlock device in their car at their own expense. In addition, a DUI criminal conviction in Redondo Beach can result in increased insurance rates and difficulty obtaining employment or housing. The non-negotiables of your life—the ability to drive, the cost of housing, and the ability to make a living—all become more difficult after a DUI crime.
That’s why you need to call a Redondo Beach DUI lawyer as soon as possible.
Attorney Michael Norris Has Beaten DUI Charges in California Since 1978
Michael Norris, Inc. understands the intricacies of DUI cases and the potential defenses that can be used to fight these criminal charges. Our criminal defense law firm in Redondo Beach, works tirelessly to investigate DUI cases to challenge any , including the validity of the breathalyzer or blood tests used to determine your blood alcohol content (BAC). Our DUI defense lawyers will also examine the circumstances of your arrest to ensure that your legal rights were not violated.
One potential defense in a DUI criminal case is to challenge the validity of the breathalyzer or blood tests. These tests can be inaccurate because a number of factors affect their reliability, such as improper calibration or administration. In addition, our DUI defense lawyers will examine the circumstances of your traffic stop, including whether there was probable cause for the stop or whether any field sobriety tests were conducted properly.
Our DUI lawyer serving Redondo Beach has extensive legal experience in criminal defense, helping countless clients obtain favorable outcomes in their DUI cases.
Can a First-Time DUI Be Dismissed in California?
Yes, a first-time DUI can be dismissed in California. However, it is essential to note that this is only sometimes possible. The prosecution must agree to dismiss the DUI charges, and many factors can affect their decision.
Here are some of the ways to get a DUI dismissed in California:
- Motion to Dismiss: A motion to dismiss is a formal request to the court to dismiss the DUI charges against you. There are some grounds for a motion to dismiss, such as a lack of probable cause or a violation of your constitutional rights.
- Deferred Entry of Judgment: Deferred Entry of Judgment (DUI) program allows you to dismiss your DUI criminal charges if you complete some requirements, such as attending alcohol education classes and abstaining from alcohol.
- A conviction with a Wet Reckless: A wet recklessness is a lesser charge than a DUI. You will not have a DUI if you face wet recklessness charges.
- Expungement: Expungement is the process of having your criminal record sealed. If you can have your DUI expunged, it will be as if you were never facing criminal charges.
It is important to note that getting a DUI dismissed is complex, and there is no guarantee of success.
Some additional factors that the prosecution will consider include:
- The blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of the driver.
- Whether the driver had any prior DUI convictions.
- Whether the driver caused any damage or injuries.
- The driver's cooperation with the police.
- The driver's remorse for their actions.
If you have been arrested for a DUI, speaking with our DUI attorney to discuss your options is essential.
Our Criminal Defense Lawyers Proudly Serving Redondo Beach & Defend Against DUI Charges
If you have been criminal charged with a DUI, don't wait to contact our law firm.
With our aggressive and results-oriented approach, our DUI defense lawyers can help you fight the criminal charges and get your life back on track. Our law firm, located on the Redondo Beach Pier overlooking the water, offers free consultations to discuss your criminal defense options.
Call or text (310) 439-5404 to talk about your DUI case with our criminal defense lawyers serving Redondo Beach today!